Monday, March 19, 2007

I have only just watched Forrest Gump last Saturday

Yes truly shocking. And yes I went through the gasps, the looks and the chuckles at the fact that I have only just watched the movie less than a week ago.

Well why watch it now while all this while I was ignorant enough to well, ignore the movie?

After a few years in high school listening to a dear friend quoting "Life is like a box of chocolate" and how it was a great movie and how everyone has watched it. I never did actually tried to watch it. In fact I thought she was talking about a totally different movie but only realize a nod to late that we were actually talking about two different movies. I did not tell anyone. Well there was never a need to.

Then I entered a university. My lovely English lecturer was explaining something. She mentioned Forrest Gump and showed her point through the movie. EVERYONE NODDED WITH AGREEMENT. I sat there bewildered. Am I the only one in the whole world who has yet to watch the movie? I stayed silent.

I think to myself, maybe I should watch this movie. Hell go download it. Where I wonder? I wasn't into downloading songs of Limewire or Ares at the time after the computer at home got rebooted twice. So I think nevermind then. I'll think if something.

Early semester two. I finally can access the intranet at the university! Yea! Okay what shall I download first? Ahh how about Forrest Gump? And so I did. Though I never did touch it or even thought about it again after that.

Fast forward to about two weeks ago. Read the news. "Victoria Beckham excited to see Forrest Gump". Or something like that. Apparently she met Tom Hanks. Pause. Hell. Am I the only person who has yet to watch the movie??? I mean even my dad and Victoria Beckham have watched it.

Thus the following week I made the historical move to watch this acclaimed movie on my laptop whilst other people are going ga-ga over the gore fest graphic epic with men clad in underwear fighting for their honor.

And hell that was two hours well spent.

I say it is one of the most beautiful movie I've seen in my entire life.

Tom Hanks that was the best I've seen from you!


Though you suck as Robert Langdon! But I don't really blame you for it, its whoever that picked you should be blamed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

run forest, run.....lol