Monday, May 21, 2007

Disgruntled

Babysitting at the expense of me spending the weekend at home
We the PPOU students were "coerced into volunteering"(what a paradox!) for a camp meant for high school kids next week on Monday. Apparently I, along with the rest of us have to become facilitators. In order for us to become decent facilitators, we're suppose to undergo a weekend of training (yes from Friday till Sunday!). This translates into me not being able to spend my ritualistic weekly communion at my humble abode which of course happens to coincide with "the training". And because the girls will be living at the boys' apartments, I will have to live without the precious internet I have learned to take for granted for six whole days. By the way we are not getting paid for this. This is what some may call neo-volunteering. Oh wait, quasi-volunteering would be more precise.

PS: According to the timetable of the camp thing, there was a slot for brainwashing. Prepare for the waterworks. I for once have never fallen for any stupid brainwashing camp activities designed to "menginsafkan" innocent kids. I do not cry for pure shallow fiction.

Unforeseen midterm timetable change
As is the norm with this batch of PPOU, even exam dates cannot be determined properly. Heck we weren't even sure if there would be a midterm (because physics' midterm was indeed canceled). Thus the fuss now is only about calculus which was suppose to be held next Monday (yes the camp thing above starts on Monday). Apparently our lecturer has given in to the PPOU program's request of changing that particular date. And he chose to drop the bomb on us by saying that the midterm will indeed be put forward to this Friday. With the way I spent last weekend at home, I practically shot myself in the foot. To top of that, now I can't even spend a freaking night at home for at least eleven whole days because of this and the brainwashing camp. How very nice indeed.

Facebook
Join it now here! Super addictive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, this camp will be such 'a nice n memorable camp' i have ever had, i can bet on that. hahahaha n for this sem, it would be the most 'unexpected n unpredictable sem that i have ever had'. at first i thought that i'm gonna be very relax during this sem, but things turn to be completely different... hahahah... what i can do right now is just accpepting it with an open heart. maybe god wants me to learn new thing- control my anger n rebellious instict. what am i talking right now????? someone please help me... i'm crapping, hahahaha

FNTGR said...

ok adik adik.. sume kumpulan 3, gather kat depan lobi.. then ikut akak marr... cepat cepat.. takde mase dah nih...