Tuesday, February 27, 2007

In with the world, out with the pigeon hole

Times are changing. But essentially individuals, I believe, do not really change. There will always be me in me and you in you. Surroundings, peers, jobs/schools, cars may change but a person's essence can never really change.

You may ask why am I being philosophical (oh so suddenly)? I guess as I am beginning to see that my 16 years of life at home sweet home, however nice and comforting, is not the only thing the world has to offer. Yes it took me that long to realize. Not to mention having spend my 17th year in a very very eye opening place (regardless of my countless criticisms) has really define who I am as a person. Especially after being able to meet many people from the rest of the country this past 1 to 2 years (Shah Alam, Klang and Gombak included – yes I was in a freakin pigeon hole!) has actually consolidate my thoughts and my essence. For the first time I could actually grasp a sense of me and what being me means. Of course that includes accepting and embracing all my idiosyncrasies. Funny how a change of surroundings do to you.

However I have yet to discover what I'm truly good at. I'm not a fan of mediocrity (though I feel like I am) but on the bright side, I'm starting to feel the activist in me! I'm seriously contemplating adding a major (plus my civil) that's somewhere along the lines of political science. I want to understand human beings =B


Home will always be home. The times I’ve spent there, the things that I have learned there and all the silly/weird/high/happy/illegal/sad memories of Subang will forever be etched =D
Three more days to home. Hahah.

No comments: